Today's schedule? I still don't know it yet. I think O',m gonna go to Soemantri, Kuningan to support my school in Schoolympic(SMAN 8 CUp). Or maybe I just hangin' around with my sister who's just got back to Jakarta last night from college. And we'll gonna go to a movie to watch 'Sex and The City the movie'. Yeay! Me and my sister very adoring Carrie Bradshaw character(who's played by Sarah Jessica Parker), because she's smart, fashionable, sexy and great writer. That's why I can't wait to see this movie. And I've been following the serial, of course.
I found this amazing website. It makes me kinda shaking when I read it. How big John&Yoko's dream to make a world peace, and.... how big Yoko's love for Lennon. Oh my, she's such a doll :')
My favorite quote from her:
John and I came from very different places. We were man and woman, we were from the West and the East. Each of us represented totally different social strata as well.
We came from extreme opposites.
So in some ways, we were very different from each other, but then in another way we were totally together.
By the way, we were very aware of that symbolism, and also how people hated us for it. We were two people who transcended the positions they were suppose to adhere to.
We didn't get together just to do that, but we felt that it was very magical that we fell in love with each other and understood each other totally in spite of all the differences.
Yoko Ono
Mix A Building And The Wind, 2002
She's just so sweet yet quirky, right? I idolize her so much, especially her dead husband.
And quote from him:
I believe that as soon as people want
peace in the world they can have it.
The only trouble is they are not aware
they can get it.
John Lennon, 1969
Oh my God, he's just so right. I wonder why peoples in the world hate the way he thinks. And thought that he's insane and some kind of lunatic, freak people. Open your eyes world! He's so goddamn right about what he's said!
Please, if y'all do really want a world peace, you can start from a little thing. Lennon and Yoko start with a simple, crazy thing. And look what they've done and changed?
The war is here now and there's two ways of looking at it. Some people say, "Why did you spend your money on posters or peace campaigns? Why didn'y you give it to the Biafran children, or something like that?"
And we say, "We're trying to prevent cancer, not cure it."
John Lennon, 1970
Please put this banner on your website, or friendster/myspace/blogspot/live journal, etc.
Think PEACE. Act PEACE. Spread PEACE.
Janit, for IMAGINE PEACE
No comments:
Post a Comment